A gas explosion attack is a method that involves a combustible gas, sometimes combined with oxygen, being injected in an ATM, whereupon the gas is ignited from a safe distance in order to break into the ATM’s safe. This entire scenario only takes a few minutes. Not every ATM gas attack is successful for the criminals. However, the damage to the ATM and surrounding buildings is enormous and gas attacks put people nearby at risk.
We are experts at preventing this…
The GPS Detection Module contains a number of highly accurate gas sensors which detect any injected gas and/or oxygen. Upon detection, the central Controller Module activates the unique Protection Module and other integrated alarm systems. The Protection Module itself renders the dangerous gas ineffective. Thanks to the unique combination of innovative techniques, an explosion will be impossible. The active protection window is unlimited. Therefore, a gas attack is rendered completely futile. By integrating an alarm notification, the chance of catching the criminals will increase considerably.
Testing & Certification
While developing the GPS, Loktec have conducted extensive testing, both on-site and in ballistic arenas. Additionally, Loktec engaged with DNV-GL to officially certify the functioning of the GPS. The GPS is CE approved and also carries ATM vendor global certification.
Test Video – Normal Speed
Test Video – Slow Motion X4
Installation & Integration
With a very small footprint and all magnetic components the GPS can be fully integrated into the ATM safe with minimum ATM adjustment, the GPS is quick and easy to install into any ATM type. Because the complete GPS is installed inside the ATM safe, the system itself is well protected against tampering. The GPS functions fully autonomously, independent of the main power, thanks to the UPS. Of course, other ATM security products to frustrate the criminals can be easily integrated, like sirens, strobe lights or a fog generator. Of course, an alarm notification can be sent immediately after gas detection.
- Fastest gas detection system available in the world
- Indefinite window of protection
- Non-invasive installation (all component parts are magnetically attached)
- The Gas Protection System (GPS) cannot be compromised
- Designed and manufactured in the UK by Loktec to ISO 9001 (2015)
- The most compact system available on the market
- The latest generation of complete ATM safe protection against gas attacks
- UL and CE tested and approved components
- Efficacy cover for the lifetime of the product
- Compatible with all ATM types
- Dual head gas sensors
- 1 year warranty on all components
- Proven under attack
- Fire risk protected
- Instant alarm connectivity
- Available through our global partner network
- ATM vendor global certification
- The only company in the world to engage with a UK government-approved testing facility during the design process to carry out controlled explosions
- From stock